Changes between Initial Version and Version 16 of Ticket #18311
- 01/16/12 20:57:52 (17 months ago)
- Property Status changed from new to assigned
- Property Cc navjotjsingh@… jer@… kpayne@… xoodrew@… sushkov added
- Property Summary changed from Caption shortcode doesn't support markup in the caption. to Support HTML in image captions.
- Property Owner set to sushkov
- Property Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.4
- Property Keywords needs-patch added
- Property Type changed from enhancement to task (blessed)
initial v16 1 1 The ability to add any HTML formatting to text in captions is very limited. 2 2 3 - Markup can be added from the HTML editor as long as you don't switch to the visual editor and the markup does not contain any quotes. 3 - HTML markup can be added from the HTML editor as long as you don't switch to the visual editor and the markup does not contain any quotes. 4 - Currently the visual editor removes any HTML tags from captions. 4 5 5 - The visual editor seems to completely ignore any markup when outputting to the actual input field. Adding styling like <b> or <i> to text within the visual editor shows, but it doesn't save, nor does it still exist when switching to the HTML view. 6 To do: 7 - Handle HTML in the caption text escaping/encoding it to pass through the shortcode matching regex. 8 - Provide some way of adding HTML in the captions in the gallery -> image properties. (This may be limited to links only as they seem most needed). 9 - Improve editing of caption text in the visual editor after inserting an image with caption or add third "popup button" to images that would add/remove captions directly without needing to open the uploader/gallery popup.