Support localized defaults for options, dashboard widgets, etc.
|Reported by:||nacin||Owned by:||nacin|
A number of locales provide defaults for various aspects of core:
- Options such as rss_language, gmt_offset or default timezone, start_of_week.
- Some provide a local pinging site; others, a local oEmbed site.
- Some change the dashboard widgets to pull from a local WordPress planet or the localized news blog.
- Some modify the default Links (wp_links) to point to localized resources.
Core should maintain support for these, across all locales, acting on the advice of the translation teams. Essentially, it should work out of the box.
This may result in us pulling in locales/locales.php from GlotPress. See #19600.
Change History (22)
- Owner set to nacin
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed