Support locale-specific modifications in core
|Reported by:||nacin||Owned by:||ryan|
|Cc:||scribu, info@…, kaipgis@…, pavelevap@…|
WordPress should support, maintain, and ship with locale-specific modifications, acting on the advice of the translation teams.
I've gone through i18n.svn.wordpress.org. Some of these modifications include:
- Targeted custom CSS, such as font family optimizations for Hebrew (Arial), ug_CN, etc.
- Conversions to Latin characters (sr_RS and I think one other locale).
- Some current modifications that can be done either with existing gettext, or adding specific gettext cases to core.
- Some locales have plugins (some of which are extensive) -- in particular, the wp-multibyte-patch (ja), but also cxapelado and transliterado (eo), and wp-jalali (fa_IR).
Change History (31)
comment:35 settle — 22 months ago
- Cc kaipgis@… added
- Keywords has-patch added
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.