Check for category and author page existence
|Reported by:||chuyskywalker||Owned by:||anonymous|
If you create a category, and then try to access it before there are any posts in it, Wordpress will return you the 404.php page instead of the category.php.
I would have assumed that you'd get a category.php with no posts on it -- the category *does* exist, it's just empty.
Change History (14)
- Milestone changed from 2.0 to 2.1
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Summary changed from Empty categories return 404 instead of using archive.php to Check for category and author page existence
- Version changed from 1.6 to 2.0.1
- Keywords has-patch added; bg|has-patch removed
- Milestone changed from 2.2 to 2.3