Splitting translation files for better performance
|Reported by:||pavelevap||Owned by:|
|Cc:||pavelevap@…, r.wetzlmayr@…, xoodrew@…, jottlieb@…, knut@…|
Description (last modified by nacin)
Originally suggested by Chouby: 17128#comment:15
Localization file is bigger and bigger with every new release. It would be very helpfull to split it into several files:
1) Frontend - There are only several strings which are needed on frontend side, but localization file is loaded as a whole.
3) Akismet - Please remove Akismet strings from default localization file. I understand that there is any reason to bundle Akismet with WordPress, no problem, but why all users have to load many strings when they do not need them? Akismet is not updated with WordPress anymore, but strings are still available...
4) Consider About page and Help tabs. There are many long strings and not all users need them translated. They would be much more happier when they could save 2 - 3 MB of memory_limit. It could be help textdomain which would be enabled by default, but could be turned off for example by plugin.
Together with Language packs it would be real improvement for 3.4.
Change History (12)
comment:11 nacin — 23 months ago
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to maybelater
- Status changed from new to closed