Add filters to export_wp() process for granular export control
|Reported by:||scottconnerly||Owned by:||nacin|
The only hook that allows for export customization right now is do_action('export_wp'). There should be a filter on the $args in the same area as well as actions in the export form so additional export filters can be defined on any post type (especially the custom post types)
Use case example would be the shopping experience I'm building as a plugin. Administrators need to be able to export order CSVs for fulfillment systems, inventory systems, accounting systems, etc. I need to be able to filter by date range as well as some custom taxonomies I have defined to manage the order's present status.
Then I need to be able to generate CSVs rather than XMLs in the output. For that I can currently hijack the process at do_action('export_wp'), but it'd be better if there were hooks all through the export process that allowed me to output different headers, adjust the query, and manipulate the retrieved data.
Essentially, we're currently allowed to import any custom post content via CSV in a bespoke manner, but there's no way to get it back out in a similar format.
Change History (16)
comment:2 MartyThornley — 16 months ago
- Cc marty@… added
- Keywords has-patch added; needs-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.5
- Summary changed from Add filters to export_wp() process for granular export control to Addd filters to export_wp() process for granular export control
- Summary changed from Addd filters to export_wp() process for granular export control to Add filters to export_wp() process for granular export control
comment:11 nacin — 8 months ago
- Owner set to nacin
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed