Strikethrough does not work for multiple paragraphs in the post editor
|Reported by:||tollmanz||Owned by:|
|Severity:||normal||Keywords:||has-patch needs-testing needs-unit-tests|
If you have multiple paragraphs of text in the text editor and select all of them and push the strikethrough button, the text appears to be striked through; however, upon publishing/updating, only the first paragraph of text retains the strikethrough.
Steps to Reproduce
1) In a new post write screen add two paragraphs of text.
2) Select all of the text
3) Click the strikethrough button
4) Viewing the HTML of the rich text editor through web inspector (note that I am not toggling the visual/html tabs) shows:
<del> <p>text</p> <p>text</p> </del>
5) Save post
6) The text in the textarea only has strikeout for the first paragraph.
7) When viewing the source of the content on the front end, you get the following HTML:
<p> <del>text </p> <p>text</p> <p> </del> </p>
I have tried these same steps on a clean install of 3.3.1. The strikethrough works as expected, and produces in all scenarios:
<p> <del>text</del> </p> <p> <del>text</del> </p>
I first had this issue crop up for a .com client approximately 3-4 weeks ago, so this issue may have been introduced with a more recent patch.
Change History (7)
- Cc joachim.kudish@… added
- Component changed from Editor to Formatting
- Keywords has-patch needs-testing added; needs-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.4
- Severity changed from normal to blocker