Encoding problems with uploading media files
|Reported by:||pavelevap||Owned by:||ryan|
Testing media filename: "Å½luÅ¥ouÄkÃ½ kÅ¯Åˆ.png"
1) WP 3.4.1 (standard Linux webhosting, using Chrome):
- File successfully uploaded as "Å½luÅ¥ouÄkÃ½-kÅ¯Åˆ.png" (space replaced).
- But filename is displayed as "luÅ¥ouÄkÃ½-kÅ¯Åˆ.png".
- URL is http://domain/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Å½luÅ¥ouÄkÃ½-kÅ¯Åˆ.png (and file is also accessible on this URL without problem).
So, why is filename displayed without first character?
2) WP 3.4.1 (xampp, Windows computer, Chrome):
- File uploaded as "Å½luÅ¥ouÄkÃ½-kÅ¯Åˆ.png" (space replaced).
- Filename is displayed as "Å½luÅ¥ouÄkÃ½-kÅ¯Åˆ.png".
- URL is http://localhost/wp-content/uploads/Å½luÅ¥ouÄkÃ½-kÅ¯Åˆ.png
- But file is not visible and in uploads directory can be seen as "Ä¹ËluÄ¹Ä„ouÃ„Å¤kÄ‚Ë-kÄ¹Å»Ä¹Âˆ.png".
Change History (11)
comment:1 SergeyBiryukov — 18 months ago
- Component changed from General to Media
- Keywords has-patch added
comment:3 in reply to: ↑ 2 SergeyBiryukov — 18 months ago
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.5