XML-RPC: wp_upload_bits should act like wp_handle_upload
|Reported by:||markoheijnen||Owned by:||westi|
|Severity:||normal||Keywords:||has-patch needs-refresh 3.9-early|
|Cc:||ercoli@…, Viper007Bond, lol@…|
Description (last modified by markoheijnen)
At this moment there isn't a check for file size when uploading an image through the XML-RPC. The reason is that the method wp_upload_bits is used. This only checks it does is if the file size is to big for a network installation.
The function check_upload_size() is something what you want except that it will use wp_die() if there is an error like this. The function is used as a filter: wp_handle_upload_prefilter. Which only get applied in the function wp_handle_upload.
We should probably change check_upload_size() a bit so it doesn't use wp_die() but does it somewhere else.
Change History (26)
comment:7 markoheijnen — 17 months ago
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from Using wp_handle_upload in the XML-RPC to XML-RPC: wp_upload_bits should act like wp_handle_upload
comment:14 westi — 13 months ago
- Keywords 3.6-early added
- Milestone changed from 3.5 to Future Release
comment:18 markoheijnen — 12 months ago
- Keywords 3.6-early removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.6
- Version changed from 1.5 to 3.0
comment:19 markoheijnen — 7 months ago
- Keywords 3.7-early added; dev-feedback removed
- Milestone changed from 3.6 to Future Release