Twenty Twelve: CSS and markup improvements for better child theme support
|Reported by:||lancewillett||Owned by:|
- Move all @media queries to bottom of document. Better in one place at the bottom for both specificity reasons (last in the file) and for organization (easier to find and modify).
- Simplify selectors to be less specific overall (things like nav.main-navigation become .main-navigation). (From matiasventura.)
- Add classes like .site .site-content in addition to the set of IDs already present such as #page #main #primary #secondary #comments. This allows elements selected with #content nav to become .site-content nav -- making things much better for child themes to have things like other nav elements inside the content container. (From matiasventura.)
- Add inline comments next to each calculated rule with rem units and line heights, like /* 12 / 24 */. (From drewstrojny.)
- For bonus points: "with all the fonts rem based it’d be neat to see floated image margins match the text’s rem-based image margins." (From themeshaper.)
Change History (12)
- Keywords needs-patch removed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.