Move attachment editing (media.php) to use standard post type UI
|Reported by:||nacin||Owned by:||ocean90|
|Cc:||ocean90, xoodrew@…, marty@…, scribu, mike.schroder@…, sabreuse@…, melissachoyce@…, mikeschinkel@…, kawauso, info@…, ben@…, simon@…, Ken@…, kieranmasterton, azizur, ChaseWiseman, bob.ellison@…, blobaugh, tomaugerdotcom@…, batmoo@…, aesqe@…|
As noted in the #21390 parent ticket, the media.php attachment editing layout, which is essentially the contents of the Thickbox dialog, could use a lot of work.
We can get a lot of things "for free" if we move it to be a proper post type UI, including:
- Taxonomy UIs
- Slug editing
- Re-parenting (even if only exposed by a plugin)
- Proper editor for attachment page descriptions
- Proper field (the excerpt field) for a caption
- Additional fields (as determined by existing filters) can go in a meta box
Image editing (cropping, thumbnails, etc.) can be shown in a dialog that will come out of the media work (see parent ticket).
Change History (105)
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed