Validate or sandbox file edits before saving them
|Reported by:||eschwartz93||Owned by:|
While using the academica theme, I accidentally missed an ending bracket while editing functions/wpzoom-seo.php in the theme editor. This is used as part of a set of pages creating a theme options page on the dashboard. When the function went bad, it caused my entire installation to be unaccessible.
It was necesssary to ftp to fix the error, because even the dashboard was blanked out by a fatal error. Messing something up in the theme should not cut off access to the dashboard.
Change History (8)
- Component changed from General to Administration
- Summary changed from error in theme broke wordpress to Validate or sandbox file edits before saving them
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
- Component changed from Administration to Editor
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Version changed from 3.4.1 to 2.7.1