Switch to min.js convention
|Reported by:||nbachiyski||Owned by:||nacin|
Most of the projects I use these days use min.js for the filenames of their minified files. This does a couple of good things:
- Sets some expectations in developers looking at the files. Numerous times I've forgotten for our .dev.js convention and have opened the minified files in a text editor.
- Sets some expectations in some software tools. For example, ack automatically skips searching min.js files.
Possible problems: I don't see any.
Plugins should be using wp_enqueue_script() and changing paths shouldn't be a problem. Browser caches of developers shouldn't be a huge problem, either.
If everybody is fine with the change, I'd be happy to volunteer and steer the transition, including the patches.
Change History (17)
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.5
- Type changed from feature request to task (blessed)
comment:12 nacin — 16 months ago
- Owner set to nacin
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed