Title field on Insert/edit link form shouldn't allow autosuggest
|Reported by:||goldenapples||Owned by:|
When entering a link through the "Insert/edit link" thickbox form, Firefox displays autosuggest dropdowns for both the URL field and the title field.
What happens is:
- User tries to add link to text through the editor (Visual or HTML).
- User enters the correct URL into the URL field, and exits that field by hitting "tab".
- User begins typing the link title. Firefox browser UI helpfully suggests some similar titles.
- User sees a title they'd like to use, and hit the keyboard down arrow, thinking that this will select the correct title for them.
- What actually happens is that the first link listed below in the link to existing content gets selected. This overwrites what's been entered in the URL and title field.
- User says, WTF just happened.
- Adding autocomplete="off" to these two form fields would prevent Firefox from displaying its autosuggestions. This might fix the problem, but feels kind of like a bandaid.
- A keydown/keyup handler could be attached to each of the text input fields with event.stopPropagation could stop the ui keyboard behavior when typing into those fields.