Links widget does not display links if no Link Categories exist.
|Reported by:||mfields||Owned by:||nacin|
Here are the steps I used to detect this running on the latest trunk:
- Ensure that the 'link_manager_enabled' option has a value of "1".
- Ensure that no Link Categories exist (default behaviour after Step 1).
- Add a single link via Links -> Add New.
- Create an instance of the Links widget in the sidebar.
- View your site.
At this stage, the Links widget should not display.
I believe that this problem exists because there is no default link category. The dropdown element in the widget's UI labeled "Select Link Category" can only be set to "All links". When this happens, the query in wp_list_bookmarks() returns no results. Prior to 3.5 there has always been a "Blogroll" Link Category which appears to have worked much like the default posts category. I think that the absence of a default Link Category may be part of the problem here.
Change History (10)
- Owner set to nacin
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed