Remove all, or at least most, uses of extract() within WordPress
|Reported by:||Viper007Bond||Owned by:|
|Severity:||normal||Keywords:||westi-likes needs-testing has-patch|
|Cc:||tollmanz@…, xoodrew@…, johnbillion, mike@…, westi, info@…, brian@…, joseph@…, jkudish@…, kovshenin, erick@…, mdhansen@…, cfinke@…, tom@…, mercijavier@…, nashwan.doaqan@…, frederick+wordpress@…|
extract() is a terrible function that makes code harder to debug and harder to understand. We should discourage it's use and remove all of our uses of it.
Joseph Scott has a good write-up of why it's bad.
Change History (38)
- Keywords needs-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to Awaiting Review
comment:7 in reply to: ↑ 2 DrewAPicture — 13 months ago
- Cc xoodrew@… added
comment:10 follow-up: ↓ 12 westi — 13 months ago
- Cc westi added
- Keywords 3.6-early westi-likes needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
- Priority changed from lowest to normal
- Severity changed from minor to normal
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.