Insert Media produces inconsistent results (depending on captions)
|Reported by:||tar.gz||Owned by:||nacin|
While testing the media uploader in WP 3.5-RC3, I notice the following inconsistencies when using Insert Media on several images:
(1): When inserting several single images ("Insert Media") with the editor in Text mode, we get one huge block of code, with no line returns between the images. That's not convenient if the user intends to write something between the single images (which is likely the intent, otherwise the user would do "Create Gallery").
In Visual mode, we get a line return - but only between the images that have a caption.
(2) Images without caption are nested as p > a > img (whith no spacing inbetween images), while each image with caption is wrapped in a div.wp-caption block -- which in the TwentyTwelve theme gives them 4px of padding. This will result in an uneven look.
(3) When working in the Visual editor, and inserting series of images, sometimes the captions get the WYSIWYG treatment, sometimes they show up with the shortcode. After some testing, I notice that if the first image has a caption, all the captions are rendered as WYSIWYG. If the first image is without caption, all further captions are showing up as shortcode.
- Every image inserted through the Insert Media method should be nested in the same way (inside a div.wp-caption, not in a p), so the theme author can achieve a consistent look.
- There should be a line return between each item, so a blogger using the text mode can easily insert text between the images.
Change History (17)
comment:13 nacin — 12 months ago
- Owner set to nacin
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed