Support for theme changelogs
|Reported by:||Daedalon||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by scribu)
Plugins' changelogs are shown in the WordPress plugin repository in tabs, eg. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/events-manager/changelog/.
Plugins' changelogs are also linked to when viewing available updates in WP-admin, so the siteadmins can know if the update could mess with their customizations.
Theme changelogs are not visible in either place. They should be supported in both places. Also http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review should be updated to reflect that the theme changelogs are much recommended if not mandatory to use and to specify the exact format for them. Currently it uses language that is not clear for those who don't speak English as their first language: "In lieu of..." and then "...Themes are recommended to include a changelog", which doesn't let the theme author know what format should the changelog be in.
At the moment I've seen changelogs for themes in different formats, but none of them is supported.
Summary of the issues:
- Add support for theme changelogs on https://wordpress.org/extend/themes/ theme pages in tabs.
- Add support for theme changelogs in wp-admin theme list views.
- Clarify Theme Review codex page on the supported format(s) and use more simple English than "in lieu of".
Change History (6)
- Keywords 3.6-early added
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release