Admin scripting broken for IDN domains
|Reported by:||knutsp||Owned by:|
- Install WordPress 3.5 (release or RC4) on an IDN domain, like kolsåsbakken.no (xn--kolssbakken-08a.no)
- Log in to dashboard, using Firefox, Chrome or any
- Use 2012 theme and no active plugins
- Hover an inactive menu item
Expected: Submenu flyout
Observed: No submenu appears (but shows below when clicked)
- Visit edit.php or users.php (maybe create an extra post or user)
- Click the table header or footer checkbox
Expected: All items checked
Observed: No items checked
Then install 3.5-RC3 from the archive and do the same tests. It should work, it least it then works here.
This is a new site, I'm talking about, not yet released to the public. It has been following the complete cycle from 3.5-beta1. We have another (non IDN) site at the same web host, with no problems using 3.5.
I'm really sorry I missed this bug between RC3 and RC4. We were mostly concerned with the new media stuff and other things new.
- No scripting errors in Firefox errors panel in this setup
- If I activate some plugins using a heavy scripting dependent settings page, the page is completely broken.
- When activated, Jetpack throws a lot of scripting errors in the admin, saying jQuery is not defined (visible in FF error panel).