Refresh the code for the default widgets
|Reported by:||Viper007Bond||Owned by:||Viper007Bond|
The default widgets serve as examples for many people to make new widgets. We should make sure they're up to date in terms of coding standards and best practices. There's many places where this is not the case.
A few examples:
- $instance['text'] = stripslashes( wp_filter_post_kses( addslashes($new_instance['text']) ) );
- $text = esc_textarea($instance['text']); rather than at output
Also tons and tons of formatting issues.
I'll volunteer to take this on.
Change History (6)
comment:1 Viper007Bond — 12 months ago
- Owner set to Viper007Bond
- Status changed from new to accepted
comment:3 in reply to: ↑ 2 Viper007Bond — 12 months ago
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release