Non-rich editor bug with long non-wrapping lines in Firefox
|Reported by:||mark8barnes||Owned by:||anonymous|
To reproduce this bug, do the following (I'm using Firefox 1.5 on Windows)
- Create a post using the standard editor (as opposed to the visual rich editor).
- Create a long non-wrapping line (as Firefox doesn't wrap hyphens, this is very easy to do if inserting a long URL on a 800x600 display). To reproduce the bug you'll need the horizontal scrollbar to appear.
- Fill the rest of the text box with normal type.
- Once you've filled the text box so the vertical scrollbar appears, you'll see that when you continue to type the text box does not automatically scroll down. Instead you have to type blind with the text box remaining locked onto the top of the post.
- Remove the long non-wrapping line and watch the problem disappear.
Note: IE wraps even non-wrapping lines, so the bug is not reproducible there.
Change History (1)
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.