Improved login expiration warning
|Reported by:||mintindeed||Owned by:|
|Severity:||normal||Keywords:||has-patch commit needs-codex|
|Cc:||dh-shredder, mike@…, aaroncampbell, sirzooro, nashwan.doaqan@…, DeanMarkTaylor|
The suggested tactic is to integrate the PMC Post Savior plugin into core. That part should be pretty straightforward.
I think 3 valuable enhancements that are on the plugin's roadmap, but not yet complete would be:
- Alert properly on failed requests and lost connectivity. If my internet connection has gone down and I'm still working, I should be alerted that I'm "Working offline" and my changes aren't being automatically saved. I don't think this should be a blocking UI, but it should be obvious.
- Block publish/save until login has been verified. Polling duration can be decreased (or maybe even done away with entirely) if we block the Publish/Save/etc actions until we've verified the user's cookie.
- Pre-emptive notification. When approaching the user's login cookie expiration time, say 1 hour before, display a message and allow the user to extend their login. For example, how banking sites notify you when you've been inactive too long and they're about to log you out.
Change History (109)
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.6
- Type changed from enhancement to task (blessed)
- Version trunk deleted
comment:21 in reply to: ↑ 19 ; follow-up: ↓ 22 Archetyped — 10 months ago
comment:77 follow-up: ↓ 78 azaozz — 5 months ago
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.