Categorization of files in Media Library (i.e. folders, tags, etc.)
|Reported by:||titush||Owned by:|
Hi, the new media library is great but if you have a site with a lot of images, it is really hard to find anything.
My suggestion would be to allow admins to create a folder structure for media files, so that content can be grouped accordingly. If folders are not an option, then I would at least like to see tags as a taxonomy for media files. Anybody who has more than 100 files of media in the library can't possibly be happy about how they find their media.
Thanks for considering this. I know it's been a request in the forums for something like 3 years now, and there was a lot of hope in the community that the new media library would accommdate for this.
NextGen Gallery probably comes closest to what I am thinking of, but sometimes you don't want a bloated gallery plugin when all you want to do is categorize your media library files..
Change History (6)
- Keywords needs-ui ui-feedback removed
- Milestone Awaiting Review deleted
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from new to closed
- Type changed from feature request to enhancement
- Version 3.5.1 deleted
- Keywords ui-feedback added
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Version set to 3.5.1