Remove 'admin' as default username in install
|Reported by:||chrisrudzki||Owned by:||ryan|
|Cc:||kovshenin, lol@…, info@…, h@…, ratilal.sunny@…, brad@…|
The installation process populates the username field with 'admin' by default.
Many/most users probably leave it as-is, making them more vulnerable to brute force attacks that look out for "admin" usernames.
Seems a pretty easy improvement to specify no default username, and force the user to choose one themselves.
Change History (43)
comment:5 Viper007Bond — 8 months ago
- Severity changed from major to normal
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
comment:15 in reply to: ↑ 14 ; follow-up: ↓ 16 chrisrudzki — 8 months ago
comment:29 SergeyBiryukov — 7 months ago
- Keywords commit 3.7-early added
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to Future Release
comment:35 ryan — 4 months ago
- Owner set to ryan
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:38 in reply to: ↑ 36 ; follow-up: ↓ 40 DrewAPicture — 4 months ago
- Keywords 3.7-early removed
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened