Importing attachments fails from intranet blog due to URL validation
|Reported by:||bbs_felix||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by SergeyBiryukov)
- Two WordPress instances in our local intranet using IPs from the 10.0.0.0/8 range.
- Blog 1 (B1) is a site on an old WP-MU (the version I cannot tell, sorry), Blog 2 (B2) is a site on a fresh WP 3.5.2 with Multisite enabled.
- B1 is supposed to be migrated to B2
- The WordPress WXR format is used to export B1
- The WordPress Import Plugin is used to import the WXR to B2
- During import the option to fetch attachments is checked
- The import of attachment fails with the error message "Remote server did not respond"
The bug here comes with  (which means 3.5.1 is unaffected). The function wp_http_validate_url (in wp-includes/http.php) is a bit over-eager to block internal RFC1918 IPs (or those with DNS names resolving to RFC1918 IPs).
Effectively this blocks communication between blogs hosted in an intranet.
Change History (3)
comment:2 SergeyBiryukov — 4 months ago
- Component changed from General to Import
- Description modified (diff)
- Milestone changed from Awaiting Review to 3.5.3