|Reported by:||tsdexter||Owned by:||nacin|
What steps should be taken to consistently reproduce the problem?
- create a large menu (in my case 1020 menu items)
In case it's relevant to the ticket, what is the expected output? What did you see instead?
Does the problem occur even when you deactivate all plugins and use the default theme?
Please provide any additional information that you think we'd find useful. (OS and browser for UI defects, server environment for crashes, etc.)
- tested on 2011 MacBook Pro, OSX 10.7, chrome and firefox freezes on load - safari sometimes manages to load but working with the menu is very slow - ie: dragging an item up an item block/level takes up to 30 seconds for each item it passes.
I've set severity to blocker as this caused us to have to downgrade back to 3.5.2 because we could not add to/remove from/manage our menus as we could not find anyway around it - even running on a brand new 2013 top spec 27" iMac it would still freeze the browser.
Change History (25)
- Keywords has-patch needs-testing added; needs-patch removed
- Cc bpetty added
- Keywords ux-feedback ui-feedback removed
- Severity changed from blocker to normal
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
comment:12 nacin — 3 months ago
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.7
- Severity changed from normal to major
comment:15 nacin — 3 months ago
- Milestone changed from 3.7 to 3.6.2
- Type changed from enhancement to defect (bug)
comment:16 nacin — 2 months ago
- Owner set to nacin
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:18 SergeyBiryukov — 2 months ago
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:19 nacin — 2 months ago
- Keywords commit fixed-major added; 2nd-opinion needs-testing removed