"Nickname" when adding new users is confusing
|Reported by:||markjaquith||Owned by:||markjaquith|
When you add WP users from within WP, the username is called "Nickname." When users self-register, it is properly called "Username." It isn't clear that "Nickname" is actually a username. People are inclined to put a long, capitalized, even spaced name in "Nickname" because they don't realize that this is the username they're going to have to remember and type verbatim in order to be able to log in.
Recommend changing this to "Username" to be consistent and clear.
Change History (5)
- Keywords has-patch 2nd-opinion added
- Owner changed from anonymous to markjaquith
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from assigned to closed