HTML comments in posts aren't handled properly.
|Reported by:||gord||Owned by:||anonymous|
When an HTML comment is added in a post, autop adds paragraph ( <p> ) tags around the comment and for multi-line comments line breaks ( <br /> ) are added after every line. This should not happen in HTML comments.
This ticket is similar to #712 which was closed with wontfix. I would like to know why this isn't seen as an issue? It prevents the addition of RDF and other metadata, not to mention just plain old HTML comments in posts.
Change History (7)
- Cc vikingjs added
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Version changed from 2.0 to 2.8.5
- Keywords wpautop needs-patch added; autop removed
- Milestone set to Future Release