Easier way to change page order (AJAX/jQuery?)
|Reported by:||FireMotion||Owned by:||mdawaffe|
|Severity:||normal||Keywords:||ajax js list-manipulation? needs-patch|
|Cc:||berpasan@…, ShaneF, steph@…|
When having a lot of pages, they get harder to manage (see also Ticket #2004 [Pages page should page]).
When needing to change the page order, it's very inefficient to manually change the page order value, or whole series of page order values, just to move one page up or down the list. Suggestions for alternative ways to change the page order are:
In "Manage - Pages"
1) With up/down arrows (page goes one up or down when the button/link is clicked).
2) or: Drag+Drop (The post/page settings can be dragged and dropped, so why can't this, too?)
Change History (41)
- Keywords ajax js list-manipulation? added
- Summary changed from Easier way to change page order to Easier way to change page order (AJAX?)
- Summary changed from Easier way to change page order (AJAX?) to Easier way to change page order (AJAX/jQuery?)
- Owner changed from berpasan to mdawaffe
- Version changed from 2.0 to 2.3
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to 2.8
- Priority changed from low to normal
- Cc ShaneF added
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch removed
- Milestone changed from 2.8 to 2.9
- Component changed from Administration to Editor
- Keywords dev-feedback removed
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to Future Release