is_home() returns FALSE when using a static page as your front page
|Reported by:||johnbillion||Owned by:||westi|
Description (last modified by markjaquith)
When a static page is being used as the front page of your blog, the is_home() function returns false. There is no simple function for determining "front of site, regardless of blog or page"
- Go to Options -> Reading in your admin panel.
- Choose a static page to use as your front page.
- Insert a simple is_home() test in your template.
- Observe the result of the is_home() function is false
Change History (39)
- Keywords dev-feedback 2nd-opinion added; is_home removed
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
comment:15 markjaquith — 6 years ago
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from is_home() returns FALSE when using a static page as your front page, should return TRUE to is_home() returns FALSE when using a static page as your front page
comment:33 in reply to: ↑ 32 ; follow-up: ↓ 34 westi — 5 years ago
- Keywords needs-docs added; dev-feedback 2nd-opinion removed
- Owner changed from anonymous to westi
- Status changed from reopened to new
comment:34 in reply to: ↑ 33 Nazgul — 5 years ago
- Keywords has-docs added; needs-docs removed
- Priority changed from high to normal