"proudly powered" is too much, really. And the link to XFN, too.
|Reported by:||dllmain||Owned by:||rob1n|
Please take a minute to think about this:
By default any Wordpress installation comes with:
- the footer saying "proudly powered by WordPress"
- the sidebar linking to the Xhtml Friends Network.
Both is bad and here is why:
1.) WordPress is great but not because you say so but because it is.
People use WordPress, people like it but they sure are not proud
of it. I guess the devs are and have reason to but not the users.
You put that in their mouth and you should not do that!
2.) Same here again: Do not put words in the mouth of your users.
If you want to promot XFN do it on your site. This is abusing the
user - don't do this.
Linking back to WordPress itself is fine but these two are
way too much. Please think about this. XFN has enough links now:
please remove it. I have two fix these two by hand each update
and I'm sick of it. Now is the time to do the right thing.
Change History (34)
- Keywords dev-feedback 2nd-opinion added
- Owner changed from anonymous to rob1n
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Type changed from defect to enhancement
- Component changed from Administration to Template
- Keywords has-patch added; dev-feedback 2nd-opinion removed
- Keywords has-patch dev-feedback removed
- Milestone 2.2 deleted
- Owner rob1n deleted
- Priority changed from normal to lowest
- Severity changed from normal to trivial
- Status changed from assigned to new