Store uploads in database, not filesystem
|Reported by:||msrivathsan||Owned by:||anonymous|
Currently, File uploads are stored in a dir. under the WordPress webdir and other data in the DB. The following are the problems in this approach:
- The File upload dir and the DB could easily go out of sync
- It is a big pain for the Site Admin in performing backups and restores
Having such file uploads outside DB (in my opinion) is an outdated funda. Nowadays, DBs can hold very large data and also can effectively manage them, unlike 10 years back.
So this feature would be a great boon to SiteAdmins.
Change History (9)
- Milestone changed from 2.4 to 2.3
- Summary changed from Need to have "all" WordPress data in the DB to Store uploads in database, not filesystem
- Milestone 2.3 deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed