users who no longer have the ability to save posts get their posts "stolen" if the post is edited.
|Reported by:||markjaquith||Owned by:||markjaquith|
- User A is an Author, and published a post ("Post A").
- User A is downgraded to "Subscriber"
- User B edits "Post A"
- Result: User A is no longer listed as the author of "Post A"
This is due to the fact that authors who currently lack the ability to save posts are not listed in the author dropdown box. We need to list the current author in that dropdown, regardless of capabilities, and ensure they are kept as the author on the backend.
This particularly comes to light when importing from another CMS, in which case all authors are created as Subscribers. Any editing of their posts will cause them to lose authorship.
Calling this one major, because mis-attributed posts are a big deal for professional publishers of content.
Change History (5)
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from 2.3 (trunk) to 2.4 (future)
- Milestone changed from 2.4 (next) to 2.3
- Owner changed from anonymous to markjaquith
- Status changed from new to assigned