Attachment no longer attached
|Reported by:||Curioso||Owned by:||anonymous|
Tested on WP 2.3.2 without any plugins activated.
- Start write new post "Post 1"
- Upload picture in Upload tab
(picture appears in write tab)
- Insert picture in post (not really necessary)
- Start write new post "Post 2"
- Goto Browse all tab
- Change e.g. decription of picture uploaded in step 2
- Goto mamage posts and edit Post 1
- Picture no longer appears in Browse tab, only in Browse All tab
The reason is the way post_parent is updated when updating attachments.
In the Browse All tab you have attachments from different post_parents.
If you update such an attachment its post_parent is set to the current post, which is a large negative number (temp_ID) when you are in the write new post screen.