|Reported by:||filosofo||Owned by:||jacobsantos|
|Severity:||normal||Keywords:||has-patch get_plugin_data memory plugin-management needs-testing|
When get_plugin_data looks up the plugin's Author, URL, Description, etc., it slurps in the entire plugin file, and runs 5 regexp matches against it. This seems to result in fatal errors for a number of people, as googling will show .
Instead, the get_plugin_data should check just the first 30 lines, as my attached patch does.
 Some examples of this fatal error in the wild:
Change History (34)
- Owner changed from anonymous to westi
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to 2.7
- Owner changed from westi to jacobsantos
- Status changed from assigned to new