Future posts published with Windows Live Writer are scheduled for incorrect time.
|Reported by:||markjaquith||Owned by:||markjaquith|
WP GMT Offset: -05
- Compose post in Windows Live Writer
- Set publish time to 1 hour in the future
- View "Manage > Posts" and verify that publish time is correct (it is).
- View "Dashboard" and note that pseudo cron has the post scheduled to "fire" in 6 hours.
Tried with a few other times, and it seems to be [Publish Time] - [GMT Offset].
Tried on WordPress.com and the post failed to publish (can't see the scheduled time on the dashboard).
I couldn't trigger this bug with MarsEdit (which uses a different API). I'm leaning towards this being a WLW bug, but it's strange that the publish time would be right but the cron time wouldn't.
This is also another reason why our pseudo cron implementation needs a re-work... you shouldn't be able to schedule a post to publish at any time other than its publish date!
Change History (7)
- Keywords has-patch added
- Milestone changed from 2.5 to 2.3.3
- Status changed from new to assigned