Viewing a post in HTML editing mode results in enetity encoded html being non-encoded
|Reported by:||DD32||Owned by:||anonymous|
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new post in Visual Editor, Enter some text, Include some HTML in the Visual view (That you expect to be visible in the blog post as entity-encoded)
- Switch to HTML view, Notice that the HTML is entity encoded as expected
- Save the post (You can replace the above steps with editing a previous post with HTML in it too, as long as WordPress will default to opening in the HTML mode)
- WordPress remembers that you prefer the HTML mode, and loads up in that mode. Notice the HTML is no longer encoded
- Switch back to the Visual editor, Notice that now the previously entity-encoded HTML is being treated as inline HTML, Ie. <a href="">link</a> shown in the visual editor, will now appear as a Link.
- Saving the post now will result in the HTML being posted as HTML, rather than entity-encoded HTML
In both cases WordPress prints the code the same: (Mind you, HTML mode doesnt have the <p> tags)
<textarea class='' rows='25' cols='40' name='content' tabindex='2' id='content'><p>This is an example of HTML</p> <p>&lt;a href="Testty"&gt;Test Link&lt;/a&gt;</p> </textarea>
Change History (8)
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.