the_content spits out bogus BR tag
|Reported by:||kickslop||Owned by:||anonymous|
When calling the_content() via, say... archives.php, a BR tag is spit out even if the page is empty.
Let me try explaining that in more detail.
Calling the_content() from a page template PHP file (like archives.php in some themes) should drag in the contents of the actual page itself, as written by the page author. When the Wordpress page content is BLANK (read: "just spit out only what the page template generates"), the_content() is still generating a BR tag.
It causes bogus whitespace that is not wanted.
Change History (13)
comment:1 Viper007Bond — 5 years ago
- Keywords wpautop added
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to Future Release
comment:3 follow-ups: ↓ 4 ↓ 5 Denis-de-Bernardy — 5 years ago
- Component changed from Template to TinyMCE
- Keywords has-patch tested added; wpautop removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 2.8
- Owner changed from anonymous to azaozz
- Component changed from TinyMCE to Administration
- Owner changed from azaozz to anonymous
comment:9 follow-up: ↓ 10 Denis-de-Bernardy — 5 years ago
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened