bad next_posts_link when using a Static Front Page and custom permalink structure.
|Reported by:||robanna||Owned by:||ryan|
|Severity:||major||Keywords:||has-patch tested commit|
I'm using the following link structure:
Front page displays
A static page (select below)
- Front page: Home (www.apexprd.org)
- Posts page: News and Events (www.apexprd.org/news-and-events)
- Permalinks: /news-and-events/%postname%
In 2.3 this worked fine, I would get post pages under www/apexprd.org/news-and-events/page/2.
In 2.5, posts show up as www.apexprd.org/page/2 and not /news-and-events/page/2 as it should. The link for next_posts_link shows as /news-and-events/page/2 but when you click on it, it returns a 404 error.
If I change the permalink to anything but /news-and-events/ then it goes to the correct page
Example: permalink structure is /news-and-events/%postname%
click on next_posts_link and you get a 404 error. everything else works as it should
Change the permalink structure is /news-and-event/%postname% (remove the 's' on events)
click on next_posts_link and it goes to /news-and-events/page/2/ just fine but all of the post links look like /news-and-event/post-name
Could it be something in the rewrite.php file?
Change History (35)
- Summary changed from bad next_posts_link when using a Static Front Page. to bad next_posts_link when using a Static Front Page and custom permalink structure.
- Priority changed from normal to high
- Severity changed from normal to major
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Owner changed from anonymous to ryan
- Status changed from reopened to new
- Keywords "has-patch needs-testing" permalink "static posts page" rewrite added
- Keywords has-patch needs-testing page added; "has-patch needs-testing" page" removed
- Keywords tested commit added; 2nd-opinion needs-testing removed