Make international slugs easier to edit
|Reported by:||options||Owned by:||westi|
any non Latin-1 based Slugs are presented to a user in the precent encoded form:
- they are unreadable;
- hard to edit (unless you can do %-encoding right in your head);
- getting truncated because of being overly long.
Steps to reproduce:
- switch your keyboard to any non Latin-1 based language;
- enter post/tagegory title;
- try to edit it.
just urldecode() slugs on output.
PS why WikiFormatting does not work here?
Change History (19)
- Milestone changed from 2.7 to 2.6
- Owner changed from anonymous to westi
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Version set to 2.5.1
comment:4 follow-up: ↓ 7 nbachiyski — 5 years ago
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Summary changed from international Nicenames (aka Slugs) should be URLdecoded() to Make international slugs easier to edit
- Cc options removed
- Component changed from Administration to Permalinks
- Keywords needs-patch added; has-patch removed
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to Future Release
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement
- Component changed from Permalinks to Editor
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 2.9