Japanese Tag Slugs
|Reported by:||kiwizz||Owned by:||anonymous|
|Severity:||major||Keywords:||japanese slug localization reporter-feedback|
I know when you type in Japanese Wordpress will change the slug to some encoded link similar to "%e3%83%86%e3%82%b9%e3%83%88" My issue is that the link brings up a page not found error - but not always. the tag テスト has this slug http://blogger-off.com/tag/%e3%83%86%e3%82%b9%e3%83%88/ and that works.
However if I use this tag 天戸中学校 the slug becomes http://blogger-off.com/tag/%e5%a4%a9%e6%88%b8%e4%b8%ad%e5%ad%a6%e6%a0%a1/ and I get a 404 not found error. Also, if I manually change the tag slug to an English link they work, but when I tag a new post Wordpress creates a copy of the tag and uses the original http://blogger-off.com/tag/%e5%a4%a9%e6%88%b8%e4%b8%ad%e5%ad%a6%e6%a0%a1/
Hope this is comprehendable. Maybe an example will help.
- I create a new post and tag it with 天戸中学校 - Wordpress then creates a slug of http://blogger-off.com/tag/%e5%a4%a9%e6%88%b8%e4%b8%ad%e5%ad%a6%e6%a0%a1/ which is a 404 page not found link.
- I then go into the tag management and change the slug to http://blogger-off.com/tag/amadochuugakkou/ and all is well.
- I have a new post and tag it with the same tag 天戸中学校 - Wordpress doesn't recognize that the tag already exists and then creates another tag, with the original slug (the 404 link)
- I end up with two tags with different slugs. The first post has a working tag/slug while the second post does not
cannot tag more than one post with Japanese unless I leave the tag slug unchanged until I have tagged all the posts, then change the slug to English. This is fine unless I tag a new post - I have to go back and remove all the tags and then retag them with the broken slug tag, then rename the slug.
Oh, and there is one other thing. I'm not sure if its a browser issue or a server issue or a Wordpress issue, but if you look at the page title (top of browser window) when viewing a Japanese tag, its also borked. Strange thing is all the Japanese post titles and slugs work perfect - its just the tags that are all crazy.
Change History (9)
comment:1 jacobsantos — 5 years ago
- Component changed from General to i18n
- Keywords japanese slug localization added; Japanese Slug Tag Broken removed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened