Keep certain interval to fetch mail message
|Reported by:||lilyfan||Owned by:||westi|
|Severity:||minor||Keywords:||has-patch tested commit early|
wp-mail.php is exposed to run by third-party. If a malicious user loads wp-mail.php continuously, the sequential access to a mail server will occur.
To protect these attack, wp-mail.php needs to be invoked with certain intervals.
I propose a constatnt WP_MAIL_INTERVAL to define interval minutes, and a option value mailserver_last_checked to keep the datetime when WordPress checked the mail server.
You can stop using wp-mail.php if WP_MAIL_INTERVAL is set to zero (0).
Change History (17)
- Keywords has-patch tested commit added; needs-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 2.8
- Owner changed from anonymous to Denis-de-Bernardy
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Keywords early added
- Milestone changed from 2.8 to 2.9
- Owner changed from Denis-de-Bernardy to westi