Having many Pages with the same stub causes excess queries
|Reported by:||Viper007Bond||Owned by:|
If you have many Pages with the same stub, many queries can be required to view the Page. This is because it first grabs all Pages with the stub (1 query). Then it loops through each result and queries the details for that result's parent looking for a match.
Instead, why not turn the IDs to search for into a list and grab all of those parents at once? It's a little heavier query, but it's one query rather than tons. Then you can loop through those results checking via PHP.
Thoughts? Am I missing something?
Change History (12)
- Owner changed from anonymous to Denis-de-Bernardy
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Owner Denis-de-Bernardy deleted
- Status changed from accepted to assigned
comment:9 johnbillion — 2 years ago
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from assigned to closed