thumbnail creation fails silently
|Reported by:||tieguy||Owned by:|
When thumbnail creation fails, it fails silently, with no indication why it fails. That is a real pain in the ass if you're trying to debug. Frankly, I assumed for months that thumbnailing just wasn't implemented yet- it was only because I noticed that it does work on ma.tt that I even went back and tried to debug the situation.
I'm still not succeeding in actually getting the thumbnailing working, for what it is worth- extensive googling suggested I should install libgd, which I've now done, but no helpful errors from wordpress means I'm just back at square one in terms of figuring out why it is breaking.
Change History (7)
- Component changed from General to Gallery
- Keywords reporter-feedback added
- Milestone changed from 2.7 to 2.8
- Owner anonymous deleted
- Component changed from Gallery to Upload
- Keywords needs-patch added; reporter-feedback removed
- Milestone changed from 2.8 to Future Release
- Type changed from defect (bug) to enhancement