Refrain from querying all the comments on a post when paged
|Reported by:||markjaquith||Owned by:|
|Cc:||westi, brianlayman, simon@…|
If a post has more than (comment_per_page) comments, we should query them specifically, not query all the comments and sort in PHP (doesn't scale well).
if threading is off, use a simple limit query
elseif the page has equal or fewer comments than (comments_per_page), query them all
else query (comments_per_page) parent comments, and keep doing queries for their children, up to the threading limit (10).
Change History (11)
- Milestone 2.8 deleted
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone set to Future Release
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened