Unable to create 2 categories with the same title under different parents
|Reported by:||DD32||Owned by:||dd32|
If you attempt to create 2 categories: \Category1\TestCategory and \Category2\TestCategory, TestCategory will fail to be created under the 2nd category, failing on "The category you are trying to create already exists."
It appears that category_exists() which in turn calls is_term() doesnt support hierarchies, Instead mearly checking to see if a Term with that Name exists within the taxonomy.
Partially related to: #5034
Change History (10)
- Milestone changed from 2.8 to 2.9
- Type changed from defect to enhancement
- Keywords needs-patch added
- Milestone changed from 2.9 to Future Release
- Keywords needs-patch removed
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 3.0