Comments disabled in post but not in media gallery
|Reported by:||canon2k5||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by lloydbudd)
The options to "allow comments on this post" and "allow trackbacks and pingbacks on this post" have been deselected. The post will then return the expected message "Both comments and pings are currently closed". (ie. http://localhost/wordpress/?p=42) However, when selecting an image from an embedded native Gallery of that post, the image redirects to an attachment_id (ie. http://localhost/wordpress/?attachment_id=38)and still has a comments field. There is no decipherable means to disable comments on attachments through the native gallery.
If this is the expected behavior, I would believe that if a post may disable comments, then all of its content should be disabled.
Related: #9839 Enable/Disable comments on a per item bases (some attachments don't have parents)
Change History (37)
- Cc janbrasna added
- Keywords image gallery attachment commenting discussion preference added
- Keywords dev-feedback 2nd-opinion added
- Milestone changed from 2.8 to 2.7
- Keywords has-patch needs-testing added; image gallery attachment commenting discussion preference reporter-feedback needs-patch removed
- Keywords needs-patch added; dev-feedback 2nd-opinion removed