Support SSL with different domain names, and sharing SSL domain
|Reported by:||reppep||Owned by:||ryan|
Admin-SSL supports different prefices for secure and insecure access.
For instance, all logged-in / wp-admin access for <http://www.extrapepperoni.com/> is under <https://secure.reppep.com/ep/>, and all admin access for <http://www.mscrochety.com/> is under <https://secure.reppep.com/mscrochety/>.
First, WordPress' built-in SSL features should support this configuration. It's not clear, but appears that the HTTP & HTTPS URLs must be the same, except the scheme, which prevents clean SSL for sites without an IP for each blog.
Change History (6)
- Keywords needs-patch added; Security MU removed
- Type changed from enhancement to feature request
- Milestone changed from Future Release to 2.8
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened