New installs: admin has user_level 0
|Reported by:||Mr Pete||Owned by:||jacobsantos|
On a fresh install of WordPress, the admin user begins with user_level == 0 (even thought level_10 works fine.)
This seems rather serious to me. It breaks any plugin, widget or theme feature that makes use of $user_level to identify administrators.
It's easy to check:
global $current_user; get_currentuserinfo(); echo "level:".$user_level."<br />"; exit;
This was not a problem in 2.3.3; it is a problem from 2.5 onward at least through the current trunk.
All of my test systems have user level 10, so it somehow gets "fixed" after running a while. However, in the first week of my new plugin's release, I have had several user reports that my plugin is broken, and I traced it down to this issue. It wasn't my plugin, it was the fact that they had new installs of WordPress.
Change History (34)
- Owner changed from anonymous to westi
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone 2.7 deleted
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Component changed from General to Upgrade
- Keywords early added; reporter-feedback removed
- Milestone set to 2.8
- Owner changed from westi to jacobsantos
- Priority changed from normal to low
- Severity changed from normal to major
- Status changed from reopened to new