Bad Preview Link In WordPress 2.7 With object-cache.php present
|Reported by:||brianwhite||Owned by:||anonymous|
WordPress 2.7 RC1 does not save the post_name (slug) until the post is published or if it is edited. So, if you have permalinks enabled, you get a 404 error and can't preview a new post.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new post.
- Save it.
- Check the database. You will see that the post_name field for the post you just created is empty.
- Try to preview. You will receive a 404 error.
- Edit the post slug.
- Save it and the post itself.
- Try to preview. The page is displayed correctly.
Change History (9)
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Summary changed from Wordpress 2.7 RC1 Does Not Save The Post_Name (Slug) to Bad Preview Link In WordPress 2.7 With object-cache.php present